Saturday, February 9, 2013

How to: Staircase runner & picture frames


Sometimes more is more!  And I'm all for it.  One of the biggest mistakes people make when styling their homes
 is underplaying the size of the images displayed on their walls.   A minuscule print or frame is lost above a huge sofa,
 or in an expansive hallway.  Proportion is so important.  How much empty space is left is as important as how much is used!

 I love the bold statement made with this staircase.  It screams  "I know what I'm doing, and I love it"!  What confidence!

You could ofcourse, pare it down a notch or two.  This collage takes full advantage of the ascent.  It creates an
instant gallery, where guests may stop at each riser, and at eye level view image details that might otherwise go unnoticed.
The grey, black and white tones of the runner, wallpaper and charcoal banister tie everything together like a perfectly wrapped gift.

Who said less is more? Not me!  
Be bold! Take a dive into  the deep end of design.
I dare you!



No comments: