Saturday, December 31, 2011

I say goodbye - you say hello!



You can't say goodbye without a hello soon after. Here we are, getting ready to say good-bye to 2011.
 Even as somebody who loves to organize a party, I must embarrassingly admit, I am not much for the hoopla of New Year’s Eve.

Some of my favorites have been the silliest of all, pj’s with a best friend on the roof top of my urban condo - in the snow throwing scribbled paper wishes to the wind. Snuggling with my guy. Buenos Aires and tooting horns. A fire escape at a tango bar watching fireworks atop Mount Royal beckoning the year 2000.

They were all a cocktail of love and sharing, closeness and warmth, surrounded by people I loved.

Alas the new year is upon us, and once again we reflect on the past, this past year, bygone years, accomplishments, disappointments, hopes and dreams.

The most touching of all of these is that when we finally get to say good bye, we can eagerly and with hope and wide eyed wonder reach out to say hello to what might be, as we let go of what might have been.

Goodbye 2011.
 Thanks for the memories.






Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

No comments: