Sunday, April 17, 2011

The Daybed had me at hello







I cannot deny that one of my favorite things in the world, is to sit down with a pile of magazines, a notebook, my laptop and maybe my puppy on a lazy Sunday afternoon.  What better way to spend a Sunday that with a latte on a daybed?  I should know, I own a daybed, and a puppy, not to mention a chaise lounge.

I surfed a bit and didn't have to go far to pick a dirty dozen daybeds for this entry.  What about lying down on one of these?



Opulence doesn't have to mean you have no comfort.  Those feather filled pillows scream, have a seat already! Reach over to one of those gorgeous coffee table books and you're set with plenty to entertain yourself with. There's even a peacock in the distance for those  of you with a good eye!



Unaffordable you say?  Nah...a little imagination, and a few free wooden palettes found on a street curb can create a moveable day bed, for any garden setting!  I always knew I could do something with those palettes, now I know what!  A little shabby chic here.



This exotic wonder is not exactly a day bed, but couldn't help but show the lovely wall arranged photography, and the global feel.  Exotic is made easy,  just by those prints  and that rug alone, you got the feel of it.  If you were to subtract those 2 elements, your room could easily be transformed to something less ethnic more sleek.  Use your imagination.


Another opulent beauty.   The honey coloured walls create a warmth and cocoon like environment.  Surrounded by interesting ikat fabric, purples and mauves, stacks and stacks of coffee table books and a purple throw make you feel like you're transported to some sub Saharan country. Notice the green garden stool?  Ideal for a coffee cup or wine glass perch.  Heck you might never get up again!



Glorious wallpaper, in a strong geometric combined with a black painted wall (yes black!), and yet the first thing you'd say about this room would be it's colourful!  That pop of raspberry in the pillows and the strawberry field rug definitely brighten up the room.  The chartreuse chaise lounge is sleek but inviting.  Appropriately paired with a glass and chrome side table for electronic apparatus, mags or mugs of coffee!  A home office could be ideal with these colors to inspire.



In Greece when I was a child and travelled to my father's birth place, the island of Halki,  I noticed these terrific beds created high above the stony ground.  There they called this kind of  a setup a 'soufa', accent on the "A".  I loved them!  My grandmother's home  had 2 of them, and I instantly knew even when I was 8 that I  wanted one of these great beds!  The designer in me even then was searching for inventive ideas.   These beds create a sense of play, of children perhaps playing 'house'.  A nap here is just what the doctor ordered.  No alarm clock in sight. Yipeee.

This gorgeous zig zag day bed is all clean lines and pattern.  Makes me think of  a maze.
 Easily paired with a variety of colors in any  room, it no longer seems sleek,  but playful and fun.



A nook is a terrible thing to waste.  Wall to wall day bed above.  Easy, clean and comfortable.




Another soufa like bed, this one nicely appointed with intricately carved stool, crisp white and cool grey inspire dreams.




The yellow pillows and green leaves beyond the windows inspire sunshine.
Sea grass rug, and wicker like day bed makes you think summer is here!



A lodge like feel in this room, makes you think you want to have cabin fever!
 Simple, mish mash of fabrics makes this inviting and friendly.  
The intricacy of the Indian carved bed enriches what otherwise would be a simple cabin.



Sleek, heavenly West Elm, always does a great job.
 The pop of red in the metallic lamp with it's adjustable frame makes
 all the difference in taking look from serious to silly.



Class, class class.  Beautifully appointed linen 'greige' fabrics are layered here.




A sensual feel in orange and pinks to pamper any princess or tired business woman
after a full day of dealing with clients, babies, and bills!  Gorgeous.

Enjoy!

elena

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I blog quite often and I truly appreciate your information.

This great article has really peaked my interest.

I am going to bookmark your site and keep checking for new
details about once a week. I subscribed to your RSS feed as well.



Feel free to visit my web blog e cigarette starter kit